Comfort Measures for Labor, Birth & Beyond:
Evidence-based practices for Maternity Care Providers
Evidence-based comfort measures that support progress through all stages of labor and the early weeks postpartum.
2018 Dates TBA
Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training - Continuing Education
2018 Dates TBA
Join long-time prenatal and postpartum yoga teachers Beth Donnelly Cabán and Lara Kohn Thompson for a weekend of in-depth exploration of the anatomy, physiology and Yoga practice well-suited to the needs of pregnant women. We will cover a broad range of topics, including:
* how to empower women to listen to their own bodies to make appropriate and safe choices in their practice and their life
* how to safely sequence and teach a flowing class that relieves the common discomforts and restores energy to pregnant mamas
* how to build a bridge from pregnancy to labor and the early weeks postpartum
* teaching partner work as a way to connect
* teach rebozo work to support comfort, ease and therapeutic techniques such as additional stability and fetal positioning
* work with high risk pregnant population
* the appropriate use of touch and safe hands-on tools for teachers self-care practices such as massage and acupressure
We will have time to discuss any challenges and questions participants have encountered in their teaching.
Teaching Labor Support: A Workshop for Birth Professionals
Fall 2018 Date - TBA
This workshop is open to nurses, doulas, childbirth educators and all women interested in learning about evidence-based labor support practices. This workshop is part of the core workshop series for the Childbirth Educator Teacher Certification Program through the Childbirth Education Association of Metropolitan New York. CEU's available for DONA.
For more details and registration, please visit the Childbirth Education Association of Metropolitan New York website: ceamny.org