Yoga for Labor & Birth: A Workshop for Partners
Private sessions available. Please contact Beth.
Group workshops - TBA
In this 3 hour workshop, you will learn a variety of labor coping strategies, and partners gain practical physical and emotional labor support skills. We will explore positions, movement and rhythms that influence fetal position and encourage progress in labor. We will bring attention to the breath and explore ways that you might use it to steady and calm the mind, induce relaxation, and energize the body. We will work with touch – massage, counter pressure, acupressure points - as means to support comfort, facilitate progress, and relieve pain. When the mind is free of tension and fear, the body is able to give birth with greater ease. We will practice relaxation techniques and visualizations for labor and birth and examine the universal needs of laboring women. Other topics we will discuss include the use of heat and/or cold for comfort, eating and drinking as essential labor support, and the benefits of water. This workshop includes practices to do at home and a bibliography.
Comfort Measures for Labor, Birth & Early Postpartum:
Evidence-based practices for Maternity Care Providers
Evidence-based comfort measures that support progress through all stages of labor and the early weeks postpartum.
2018 Dates TBA
Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training - Continuing Education
Join long-time prenatal and postpartum yoga teachers Beth Donnelly Cabán and Lara Kohn Thompson for a weekend of in-depth exploration of the anatomy, physiology and Yoga practice well-suited to the needs of pregnant women. We will cover a broad range of topics, including:
* how to empower women to listen to their own bodies to make appropriate and safe choices in their practice and their life
* how to safely sequence and teach a flowing class that relieves the common discomforts and restores energy to pregnant mamas
* how to build a bridge from pregnancy to labor and the early weeks postpartum
* teaching partner work as a way to connect
* teach rebozo work to support comfort, ease and therapeutic techniques such as additional stability and fetal positioning
* work with high risk pregnant population
* the appropriate use of touch and safe hands-on tools for teachers self-care practices such as massage and acupressure
We will have time to discuss any challenges and questions participants have encountered in their teaching.
Fall 2018 Dates TBA
Teaching Labor Support: A Workshop for Childbirth Educators
November 2018 Date - TBA
This workshop is open to nurses, doulas, childbirth educators and all interested in learning about evidence-based labor support practices. This workshop is part of the core workshop series for the Childbirth Educator Teacher Certification Program through the Childbirth Education Association of Metropolitan New York. CEU's available for DONA.